Presentation of the Latvian foreign and security policy Yearbook 2020
The Latvian Institute of International Affairs is honored and happy to invite you to the presentation and discussion of the annual Latvian foreign and security policy Yearbook 2020, which will be held on January 22, 2020, at ALTUM, Dome Square 4, Riga.
Latvia’s foreign policy environment is and will continue to be constantly changing. Therefore, it is necessary to regularly update and evaluate Latvia’s foreign and security situation and its diplomatic capabilities. The Latvian Foreign and Security Policy Yearbook is an annual publication in which the Latvian Institute of International Affairs, in cooperation with foreign policy-makers and experts, continues to analyze Latvia’s international challenges and choices, make recommendations, and inform the public. The publication appraises the events and decisions of 2019 and seeks to outline Latvia’s foreign and security policy scenarios and make recommendations for 2020.
The event is free of charges, you are welcome to register here.
*Working language – Latvian (with simultaneous translation to English)
- Edgars Rinkēvičs, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia;
Rihards Kols, Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the Saeima, Member of the 13th Saeima.
- Toms Rostoks, Senior Research Fellow at the Centre for Security and Strategic Research at the National Defence Academy of Latvia and Associate Professor at the University of Latvia;
- Inna Šteinbuka, Professor of Economics at the University of Latvia and Chairperson of the Fiscal Discipline Council;
- Imants Frederiks Ozols, International development analyst.
- Peer Krumrey, Director at the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Baltic States.
- Sintija Broka, Researcher at the Latvian Institute of International Affairs;
- Ansis Bogustovs, TV journalist and program manager.
The project is supported by the Parliament of the Republic of Latvia, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Latvia and Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung. Informative supporters of the event portal Delfi.lv.
Published 07 January 2020